Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A perfect Sunday!

This last Sunday was so amazing. Devin and I went to Clyde to spend the day with my Mema and my Dad. Mema made Devin and I, along with my great aunt Ruth, a gourmet meal. Oh there is nothing like my Mema's cookin'! Not to mention she had at least seven different desserts for us! I love my Mema, she is one of my most favorite people in the world. There really isn't alot of my child hood memories that don't include her. I count myself very lucky to have lived on the ranch within walking distance from her house. Every Sunday when we were little we would go to church and then have a huge Sunday lunch at Mema's house, then we'd play outside or dress up in the back closets, while the grown ups took naps or watched football. You don't realize how great traditions are until they are gone. Well I am taking a vow now to restart this tradition... To Mema's every Sunday! Yay!
We also got to hang out with my dad for a bit, in between his church meetings and such. He rubbed our feet... which was nice. He's so great at that whole reflexology thing. God has blessed him with that and so much more, and I know there is even more to come for his faithful servant. Dad also has a rose garden that he has been keeping over the summer. It's really a sight! He grows some of the most beautiful roses, then he snips them off and puts them in vases and carrys them to different people. Its really something to see someone so giving. He runs out of vases rather quickly though... its nice because people will send back his gifted vase so he can reuse it.
Awe, what a great Sunday. I will say this sometime this week if you have a moment, pray for those who are alone or just lonely. Pray that God will give you the opportunity to change someones day or moment, in turn you'll see that that will change you as well.
As my Dad would say "Keep Shining!!!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU WERE OUT TO CLYDE AMERICA AS WE CALL IT. LOL
IS YOUR DAD IKEY ACKERS? IM JUST GUESSING HERE BUT YOUR DAD SOUNDS LIKE A MAN THAT GOES TO MY CHURCH. AND HE IS WONDERFUL WITH HIS HANDS.

Unknown said...

OMG THIS IS TOO FUNNY GIRL. YOUR MOM JUST TEXT ME. I HAD NO CLUE WHO YOU WERE WHEN I ADDED YOU AS A FRIEND HERE IN BLOGSPOT.
I LOVE YOUR MOM. IM GOING TO SEE HER TONIGHT AT EXERCISE CLASS.
SHE IS THE BOMB. WHAT A SMALL WORLD.

Unknown said...

OH YA BY THE WAY. YOUR MOM SAYS YOU NEED TO COME TO EXERCISE CLASS.
WE WORK OUT ON TUES & THURS. IN CLYDE AMERICA.

The Durham's said...

What a wonderful day:) By the way, I have to comment on the post before this one....your Christmas decor is absolutely gorgeous!! You have such a beautiful gift of decorating:) Bless you guys!

Debbie Steele said...

That was a very special Sunday in deed, I mean for me to get to see my sweet baby girl. She still smells the same and her eyes are as blue as the ocean water. She always loved going to her MeMa's house. She would walk down the road with Misty by her side. We couldn't have better memories, really special memories. I love You! MoM