Saturday, October 25, 2008

Charming Design


So here is my latest creation. I made this step stool for my oh so sweet mother in law, Sally. She needed a cute gift for a shower that she is going to. So wall-aah! I thought it turned out quite charming. The saying on the back is one of my very, very favorites! It reads: "Lord, look down from heaven above and touch this special child with love. Protect and guide this little one until each and everyday is done. Remind us often that it's true. This little life is a gift from you. A miracle you've sent our way. Lord, bless this little child." Doesn't that just make you smile!

I think for my next designs I want to use phrases or sayings like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious or HAKUNA MATATA. These rather small and somewhat meaningless words hold so much value to me and what makes me smile. So we'll see what they can help create....


3 comments:

Catherine Hall said...

That looks so cute. And I like the phrase. I also looked back at the other posts you had and (Haddie Grace-too cute) but who is the Durham Family? They are so sweet! Seems like a blessing to have her as a friend! She sounds wise!

Unknown said...

wow that is awesome. You did a great job.

The Durham's said...

Ok, you are seriously gifted in this area! That little stool is absolutely adorable:) I am so proud and a little jealous:) HA! I love creative people and pray, daily, that God would shower down even just a little dose of that my way:):) Hope you guys are doing well and think of you often! Bless you!