Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Gotta have Faith" (boom-pa-boomp...George Micheal)

I have to pass on a short lil' thought from my day, the other day. To set the scene: I was running errands with my mother in law, Sally Jane, and we went to the library to return some of her books. She is brilliant and quite the avid reader. It was on Sunday therefore the library was closed so I just pulled up next to the drop off behind another car along side the sidewalk. Sally got out to put her returns in the box. While she was getting out there was this sweet elderly lady that had just returned her materials and was walking back to her car where her husband was waiting. She looked up at Sally wanting to make eye contact and give her a smile, but Sally was looking the other direction. You could slowly see the smile disappear from the elderly lady's face as she realized her moment had passed. All the while I sat in my car, in the drivers seat just hoping that she would look my way so I could smile back at her. This was a brief moment, but one that for some reason haunted me all day long! My thoughts drifted to how a second can truly make or possibly brake someones day. Anyways, several hours later we were on our way back to Sally's house and we had to stop at Walgreen's, across town from the library, I ran in to grab what we needed and low and behold I came across that same lady coming out of the store. I smiled as big as I could and she smiled back; I then said how are you and her response was "Thank you..." (with a small sigh of relief), she smiled back and said I'm good, and you? I moved out of her way of the path to her car and said I'm wonderful! We smiled and went on our way.... Wow! My thoughts were at peace finally!

This long thought is just to prove that God works in all things. He knew that I was bothered and he produced a situation for me to seize the moment. Thank you lord for those brief moments of inspiration. We all have the potential to be the very best we can be. Devin and I have visited about this for hours. It mostly comes down to making sure you're directing your faith in the right place. Sometimes in the hectics of daily routine my direction or our direction can be altered so easily. We find ourselves putting more faith in other places, such as friends or family. Which is good to believe in people, but our Faith never needs to leave the cross. Our faith always needs to be in the direction of our Savior and that's something that can't be beaten out by people. That's what I mean by that. I know I'm rambling, but I was put in a situation where I put entirely too much faith in a "best friend" and I don't think most people can handle that much. It can cause a breaking point especially if they aren't Christan's. I thought I could pull her up and in the end I don't feel that happened. I wasn't pulled down, but I feel that I was made to have grown through the situation. Growing in Christ, which is an amazing journey, is also difficult at times to see the big picture. For weeks this has been on my heart, I still really don't know how exactly to express all that I am feeling and my thoughts but this is a start I suppose. Keep shining and know that you are in my prayers. I thank God for you; continue to be strong and have faith!

That is why we always pray for you, asking our God to help you live the kind of life he called you to live. We pray that with his power God will help you do the good things you want and perform the the works that come from your faith. We pray all this so that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ will have glory in you, and you will have glory in him. That glory comes from the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 THESSALONIANS 1:11-12

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its just awesome of Father to give you a 2nd chance to give that lady what her haeart needed.
Its obvious that you hear from God.

Merry Christmas