Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally a chance to update

We have been so busy lately that I haven't even thought of updateing my blog. So after what seems like forever I will try to do a quick catch up.
I am now 18 weeks along and loving every minute of being pregnant. I haven't been sick at all, praise the Lord. I think the baby is sitting on my funny bone because I have laughed more in the last weeks than I think I ever have. God is good, so good! We find out in a week or so if it's a boy or a girl, yay! We had an appt on Monday and we took a look at the baby to see if we could see what it was before the actual Mayberry appt. But my sweet little one was very active and the cord was in the way the whole time. Although, we did get a waive from her/him. My favorite part was Devin saying "Wow, it's a real baby! I can actually see it this time!" With a ton of excitement. Last time he couldn't make it out very well. It looked like a teddy bear the first time and now it's a baby. Woo Hoo! (you can tell we are first time parents... we are those kids!)
We put our house up for sale awhile back with the hopes to sell it and move to some acreage where we weren't as close to other houses (even though we had 8 acreas over the past year 10 or so houses have popped up on the street so close to each other... we didn't want the neighborhood feel, we wanted a lil' more openness.) Anyways, we have done a lease to own with some wonderful people. We have now moved. Last summer we spent almost the entire summer at our place in Horseshoe Bay on the water, so we figured we will probably do the same thing this summer. We LOVE it there!!! We still are in Abilene alot, especially with my Dr being there. So, who knows what we will decide to do. As of now, we are back and forth. We may build again if we find the right acreage or just the perfect place on the ranch. Who knows. I just know that Devin and I love, love, love Horseshoe Bay. We love our friends here, we love our perspective that God gives us while we're here, and this is where we were married and it seems like everytime we're here we fall in love all over again. Maybe that's why our pregnancy has been so blessed. Again, God is good!
On the other hand, I am still designing. I have a job outside of Austin that I am about to partake in. I also have two in the Llano area that will start later this summer. I don't think any of these are big remodels just a lil' updateing.
So, that is my quick update, or longer version of quick! ha! We are all doing good. Lexi is happy to be back at the lake, it's her favorite place. And Devin is wonderful as always. Every day I find myself thanking God for such an amazing man. He is the better half. I hope this finds you and your families all doing well.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY COW BATMAN, I DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU GUYS MOVED. I HAVE NOT SEEN YOUR MOM IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN OFF AND RUNNING AROUND THE COUNTRY SIDE AND THEN SICK THIS PAST WEEK. AND NOW IM OFF HEADING TO AUSTIN FOR A CONFERENCE WITH MY JOB SO I WON'T GET TO SEE HER THIS WEEK.
I JUST LOVE YOUR MOM.
I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IF ITS A GIRL OR BOY